Every day, Branson takes pleasure in recognizing the brave men and women who are veterans or who actively serve in the armed forces. However, the city dedicates a special week in the year to honor their sacrifice. We owe these heroes a great debt of gratitude, and America’s Best Campground would like to thank them personally.
Known as America’s largest Veterans’ Day celebration, Branson’s Veterans Homecoming Week will be held from November 5 through 11. To help celebrate the occasion, an array of national headlining artists will entertain. These include Larry Gatlin & the Gatlin Brothers, the Oak Ridge Boys, Johnny Mathis and more.
Here are some of the other highlights:
- The Vets for Vets Show will kick off the festivities on November 5 at 2 p.m. at the Baldknobbers Theater. Tickets are free to veterans and their families, but seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- On November 6 to 10 at 10 a.m., Chateau on the Lake – Sassafras Theater will present the premier of the movie Taneycomo. Admission is free, but donations are suggested.
- Barbara Fairchild will present a salute to veterans at a Sunday worship service at the Branson Star Theatre. It is scheduled for 10 a.m. on November 6.
- The Veterans’ Day Parade, one of the most popular events of the celebration, will take place on November 11 at 11 a.m. in downtown Branson.
- Throughout the week, several mini reunions will be held for different categories of veterans, such as those who served in WWII, the Korean War, Vietnam and the Persian Gulf War.
Stay With Us
If you are a former serviceperson, you’ll find no better time to visit the area. America’s Best Campground in Branson always offers veterans a discount on their camping, and we are a member of Tents for Troops for active military. Call 800-671-4399 to reserve your spot, or stop by our website for more information. Be sure to like our Facebook page.